Friday, December 15, 2006

From the CAST MY THOUGHTS TO THE WIND files



GOPer GHOULS & the GHOSTS of RUMMY ACRES


NPR reports: Republicans are already planning to challenge the legitimacy of a recuperating Sen. Tim Johnson being able to hold onto his seat. Meanwhile lending lip-service to the myth of congressional collegiality & hypocritically wishing him well…when in fact they wish him dead! [ source: commentary by Juan Williams on the Day to Day program. ]

Do you believe this sh!t?

Of course Strom Thurmond could still be elected today & sit in the Senate …as long as he were properly stuffed & deodorized…

----

Did you know that Rumsfeld has a vacation home at Mount Misery, Virginia--the site of an old plantation where recalcitrant slaves (including Frederick Douglass ) were taken to be “broke” (i.e. tortured) in the good old bad old days ? Mr. Cheney has a place just down the road. I love those kind of folk so much…I just can’t tell ya. (But I’m sure you can imagine…) [ source: Amy Goodman of Democracy Now on C-SPAN’s Washington Journal.]

----

Afternotes:

‘Rumsfeld owns a vacation home named Mount Misery, an infamous 19th century manor where unruly slaves were sent to be broken by owner Edward Covey. The most famous of these slaves was a rebellious, teenage Frederick Douglass, who describes his brutal and formative experience there in his 1855 book, My Bondage and My Freedom . Writes Douglass, "I shall never be able to narrate the mental experience through which it was my lot to pass during my stay at Covey's. I was completely wrecked, changed, and bewildered; goaded almost to madness at one time, and at another reconciling myself to my wretched condition." ’ [source: Misery, Thy Name is Rumsfeld's Vacation Home ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link

Web Site Hit Counters
High Speed Internet Services